Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Hello world!!

Hello World!

        Well, at the risk of sounding a little weird and inexperienced, this is a little weird and intimidating! This is my first attempt at this strange, new world of "blogging"! How strange to assume that others may have any interest in what goes on in this mundane, ordinary, everyday life of mine. So if you become bored and a little disenchanted with this blog, I tried to warn you! But for those of you who choose to stick around, this is a small glimpse into the life of a Christian, who tries daily to work her hardest for her husband, children, and most importantly, her God. I don't say that to sound self-righteous, or even that I have this whole life figured out. That is the furthest thing from the truth. Just like the title of this blog suggests, everyday is a new day for this mama. Everyday is a chance to try again to serve God with my whole heart. I have learned many things in my short time here on this earth, but there is SO much more that I hope others will share with me.  
So if you have the goods, share the wealth!! 

Now that the awkward introduction is done, let's get going on what's going on today. Over the past ten months, I have discovered a new catagory of my life that I never dreamed existed. I learned that I do have a drive to change what is wrong in my life. I am not stuck in the struggles of being unhappy with myself. I can take control, and I can change!

Ten months ago, I went to a Weight Watchers meeting with a friend to give it a try. I had once before lost significant weight with the program, so this should have been a hopeful time for me. Nope, I was feeling defeated already as I opened the door of the meeting. "I wonder how long this will last?" Not the meeting mind you, but my commitment to the process. I had started so, SO many diets only to last a week or two if I was really motivated. So what made this time any different?! What was I thinking?! This is how I am, and no amount of starvation would change my body. I honestly was convinced of that. 

But let me tell you what I have realized as over the next few months passed by, and the weight came off. I realized I am not in control! 
The same God that created the heavens and the earth created me. He holds me, and everything in His hands. As soon as I turned it over to Him, I succeeded. I prayed with my whole heart to lose weight, and become healthier. Although the physical process of eating less and moving more was ultimately up to me, He holds me in this. HE keeps me motivated, and driving forward.  
  And I believe the reason God has answered that prayer that I prayed was a key ingredient in that prayer. See, it was not for selfish gain to lose this weight. It was not to acheive the smokin' hot bod that I always dreamed of...that is SO not gonna happen in a million years! It was to become the wife and mother that I had always wanted to be. 
        When I had become a mother almost 6 years before, I was already over-weight. I began my pregnancy at 228 pounds. Not good. And proceeded to gain another 28 pounds before my Joe-man made his appearance a little over 8 months later. And, fast forward to 2011, three babies and pregnancies later, I was tipping the scales at 250...not pregnant! I know you are thinking, "You are insane for putting those numbers out there for everyone to see!!" And, yes, you are probably right. I have never been accused of being sane. But my point is this: I felt alone, but I wasn't. God was with me, yes. But there are other women out there who struggle with weight. Hello! I am not the only one. That is the point of this blog. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! How's that for sounding corny?! But it is so true. When we feel alone, we tend to feel defeated. But always look for others to help you on your way. God was that One for me. The not-so-ending to this story is that so far I am 60 pounds lighter, and my faith is 60 pounds heavier. I know what Paul said in Philippians is true because I have lived it. "I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me." (Phil. 4:13) The fact I am sure of is that because my aim is to be a better servant of Christ, He is strengthening me daily. My prayer now is that I keep Christ and God's will at the center of my life, in all aspects of my life. There is nothing of me that is not His. 
 

8 comments:

  1. So excited to read what you have to say! I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Debbie! I hope you and your crew are doing well!!

      Delete
  2. Oh, Lari! How much I love love love you, girl! You're heart is so sincere and committed to our Lord and I appreciate every aspect of who you are trying to be. Way to go! So proud of you, your accomplishments and how you are not afraid of a challenge! Prayers for you today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Heather! Your sweet words mean so much! I don't know how women make it through this life without the love and support of spiritual sisters! Praying for you too!

      Delete
  3. So enjoyed reading your intro, Lari. You are a sweetie who has learned a spiritual, life changing lesson way before I ever did! I'm proud of you and thrilled for the success in controlling this demon in your life. (And I don't say that lightly. Anyone who has ever struggled with weight knows what a demon it is!) You are an encouragement to all of us who struggle. Hugs...bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Bev! You are so right! You are such an encouragement to me and SO many others!! I am so glad that God has crossed our paths! Love to you and your family!

      Delete
  4. Love it! i look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete